Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Anniversary Salmon

Salmon is my favorite food! For our first anniversary I made Myles a special invitation for a special dinner at the best restaurant in town (our kitchen). I gave him a few options of foods to choose from including steak and fried shrimp (both of which he LOVES) but he chose this instead! The first time I ever made it for him he thought he wouldn't like it because he had never really enjoyed salmon before, but he loved it! I think it's pretty delicious too! I got this recipe from my laurel advisor when I was about to graduate.





Teriyaki Brown Sugar Salmon

2 salmon fillets
1/4 c. soy sauce
4 tbsp. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. Montreal Chicken Seasoning (or other herbed spice)

In a large zip-lock bag, combine soy, brown sugar, and Montreal Chicken Seasoning, close bag, and mix well squishing it with your hand. Place salmon fillets in the marinade, and let sit for 15 minutes or up to 30 minutes. Cover broiler pan, or cookie sheet with foil, place broiler temp on low, and position oven rack right under the broiler. Broil salmon on each side for about 6-7 minutes, or until the thickest part of the fish flakes. Avoid turning the fish more than once, as it will fall apart. (Oven broilers vary, adjust cooking time/temp according to what you have)

No comments:

Post a Comment